Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 month ago

how soon should i start packing to move?

i move in 29 days out of my one bed room apartment. I have a week before the move jobless to pack/clean. I want to start packing now, but if I start packing clothes and pots and pans i'll just have these big boxes everywhere for a month (no garage it's an apartment.) what do you guys think??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

It always takes more time than you think it will to pack.

There is plenty of things you can pack that you are not using or can live without for a month.

Pack boxes you can lift when full. Don’t pack big boxes unless towels and linens are going in there. You can make space for them in one area.

• 4 weeks ago

All the answers so far are sensible and helpful but the single most helpful thing, if you haven't had to do this before, is the advice from @drip about packing heavy things in small boxes and lighter things in big boxes, so that you can actually lift them.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you can swing a month's rental at a storage facility you could slowly pack the majority of your stuff over the next 29 days then live with a pared down inventory until moving day. This would also help with crowding in your new place when you arrive there, allowing you to unpack more slowly and deliberately.

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would start packing up the things you don't use, and clear out a corner in a room or two where you can stack the boxes once they're packed. That way you get a bit of a head start without the boxes being all over the place and in your way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Start packing non-essentials now - it generally takes longer than you'd think!

You can pack up books, non-seasonal clothes, everything you're not using.

Stack packed boxes in a corner of a room so they don't get in the way

• 1 month ago

Wait for the last week.

• 1 month ago

Can't you put the boxes in one area of the apartment that you don't use very much ?

There's no such thing as having too much time to pack for a move. Don't delay starting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.