Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 4 weeks ago

Are sewing kits prohibited from school grounds?

So my parents are divorced and I need to bring a sewing kit from one parents house to the other because I’m doing crafts that include sewing and cannot buy one. I don’t know if I’ll get into trouble since needles can be used as a weapon, etc. I don’t think the school has any type of metal detector, so would it be possible to bring it? 

Of course not. Just take it to school as planned.

• John P

In which country are you? in which state if in the USA? Laws about such matters vary from place to place.

• Matthew 7:1-5 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Romans 14:10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

• Joe

Ask your principle.  

• drip

What school where? We can’t tell you your school’s rules. Ask them. I highly doubt it would be a problem

An emergency sewing kit is not considered a weapon and you can bring one

If there was a metal detector you'd know it.  A big sort of doorway you have to go through.  Like at the airport.

If you have a legitimate reason for carrying a sewing kit, put it in your pocket or your purse, don't say anything, don't take it out for anything.  I went to school a long time ago when you could bring a machine gun to school, and the teachers would say 'Wow, nice machine gun!'  I know things are stricter today, but at your school, do kids regularly get searched for no reason?

just keep it in a bag while youre on school grounds, i doubt anyone will notice or care

As long as you don't use the knitting sticks for assault, you should be fine.

Needles can be dangerous. Hell, they can puncture a boy’s testicles.