Why is there is a flag presentation at a police officers funeral if he or she is Not! A military veteran.?

Why is there is a flag presentation at a police officers funeral if he or she is Not! A military veteran.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There is no law which prevents them from having a stars and strips flag draped over their casket.

Nor the flag being presented to their loved ones.

They also serve their country just like the military.

But many police and fire service forces have the own service flags or standards which could also be used.

• 1 month ago

That's like asking WHY ARE COPS and FIREMEN CALLED HEROS because they are doing the job they chose to do, were trained to do, and would and still even tells NON COPS and NON FIREMEN etc. to GET BACK, GO AWAY and not accept help from others who may actually be more qualified such as a military combat medic over a FIRST AID GIVER..

There have actually been people involved in accidents DIE BECAUSE THE COPS TELL MILITARY MEDICAL PEOPLE TO GET BACK and stay away and NOT ALLOW THEM TO HELP AT A ACCIDENT...

TRUE FACT as I was a COMBAT MEDIC who was told that before and I bet there are MANY MORE here who has been told to go away and their help is not needed.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

He (or she) may have been a dedicated fascist.

• 1 month ago

Police like to think of themselves as a "para-military organization." I think it comes from them wearing uniforms and carrying guns. So they adopt a lot of the traditions of the military. They will use a flag on the coffin. They will play taps. They will do a rifle volley. They will play bagpipes, even though that is more British than American. It makes them feel better but they are not fooling anyone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

To remind them that they are nothing but peons to the state.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

as a sign of bloody respect obviously.   newsflash: they too serve their country

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The last time that I checked, the military doesn't have a monopoly on the US flag.  It represents the entire country and a police officer killed in the line of duty is died defending American values.

Source(s): A veteran whose undies aren't in a bunch like yours
    • RICK
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Person who asked never wore any uniform in their life

Lv 7
    1 month ago

standard operating procedure

• 1 month ago

"She is Not! A military veteran."

That is not a complete sentence.

• 1 month ago

Still served for his or her country, just domestic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.