dumbbu
Lv 6
dumbbu asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 4 weeks ago

Why does Elizabith Warren , her first married name, not mention Mr. Mann the fellow she is currently married to since 1980?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

She's running as a technocrat rather than trying to play on the emotions of 'look at my beautiful family'. She retains the surname 'Warren' because that's the name on her extensive collection of diplomas.

• 4 weeks ago

Traditionally, Ph.D.s keep the professional name that was used when the degree was earned. We have two dear friends who practice using their maiden names, though their legal names have changed.

• 4 weeks ago

She had to use that name because that was the name she used to gat all of her pay & benefits as a Native American.  Later on in life Trump changed her name to Pocahontas and that name will always be with her until she dies.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Many divorced professional women continue to use the name of a first spouse if that's the name under which they first established their professional careers.

And why does she need to mention her husband? She's the candidate; he's not. He may prefer the relative privacy.

I find it odd that you even asked the question.

• dumbbu
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Well, it could come up stronger if he becomes first Mann in the White house. Since Mr. Warren wouldn't take residence in WH being divorced what do we call this pair in Jan. 21, 2021? I am confused as to who is who.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Many professional women stick with the one name that they are most known for.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

A person can know many truths by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• 4 weeks ago

There is no legal requirement for a woman to take or use the name of the man she is married to. If she wants to she can and the transfer of name is easy but she doesn't have to.

• 4 weeks ago

She really only has one name, Pocahontas.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

If that's the only slur you and little Donnie have, you're dead in the water. It's tired, dear. Try to be more original and imaginative.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because it is a private matter to her

• dumbbu
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Maybe, but being leader of the free world is relatively public deal.

• 4 weeks ago

oh, remember she is "native American too"

• dumbbu
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Maybe, but it I think helped her to fill in here profile that way when applying for university entrance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.