Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Why does Stephen King's 'It' consist of pre-teens having an orgy?

I'm referring to the book, not the movie. Clearly, it's too appalling to work on screen, which I guess is why I'm just trying to understand why he felt driven to write something so seemingly strange and unnecessary...however, I never saw the remake so I don't know if this was used as one of the scenes or not.

His stuff does leave nothing to the imagination. I'm sure readers would have been enraged even if the characters were 16 or 17. I really liked Beverly, I found her a model for many female readers, and then seeing her disappoint me in this way felt like a punch in the gut. All of his books and movies are gross, it's intended to be very out there and out of this world for those who are into that sort of thing. I did read somewhere that King admitted that if he weren't a writer, he would be a serial killer, so hey, maybe something isn't right with him upstairs.

• Zac Z

"King admitted that if he weren't a writer, he would be a serial killer" - this statement is even more problematic. It borders on defamation. Do you have a reliable source for this? I can't imagine that King said that he would be a serial killer.

• Zac Z

I guess, you haven't read the book, have you?

It doesn't "consist of" teen orgies, that makes it sound like this is a major part of the book. There is one scene toward the end of the book. It's rather short, not graphic in the least. I understand that many people have an issue with this but if you read the book you might understand the purpose of the scene better.

Could King have written the book in a different way? Sure. But he didn't.

The scene's focus isn't sex, it is about bonding in the face of the threat It poses.

Again, I understand and respect that many people don't like that particular scene but you totally mischaracterize it.

And obviously, this is a work of fiction.

• Zac Z

interdimensional monsters that haunt towns in Maine, either. This is a work of fiction.

Beats me. Surely there could have been a way for them to escape from the sewer without Beverly making a ho of herself. King wanted to weave that bit into a book all along...and this was his excuse.

The man is always incredibly gross and grotesque with his writing anyway. I don't know that much of it can really be explained.

I HATE that scene! What the fu¢k, Steve?

King was and is a 1960s Liberal from the Hippie Free Love generation. They believe that square uptight things like age of consent are fascist repression by The Man.

Because he is a pervy-perv.

well it's only towards end of the novel,But for some reason Mr King decided the story needed it.

Of course it will never be filmed unless the world becomes dystopian enough to find kiddie porn ok.

The question is if this part of the book can't be filmed ( justifyably ) then why is it allowed to be published and sold in best selling novels ?

This review refers to the orgy as " a comforting, beautiful act " WTF ?????

https://www.tor.com/2013/09/25/the-great-stephen-k...

ps, This is not the first time Stephen king has written sexually dodgy smut. He wrote another tasteless sex scene in a short story named " The Library Policeman". See link below.

extract.

"1. The Children's Gangbang in It

It is probably the first book in the chronological King bibliography where you can point and say, "Here is where editors stopped telling King to rein that **** in." The novel of a shapeshifting, child-hunting demon named Pennywise is almost 1,100 pages long. Still, it's a good tale about the power of friendship and the strength of childhood imagination. In fact, it's exactly that that helps seven kids overcome an ancient evil.

That being said, apparently overcoming being lost in the sewers can only be done by having six 11-year-old boys sequentially **** an 11-year-old girl... by her invitation.

Seriously, the gang has just brought about the end (At least they believe so) of a pan-dimensional monster in mortal combat. They've slain something that's claimed thousands of lives in their town in the most gruesome manner imaginable, but suddenly the concept of tunnels is just too much to overcome without a sudden, magical orgy.And it's all the girl, Beverly's, idea. She realizes that the group needs "bringing back together" and the only way to do that is to lose her virginity in a mass hump session.

To be fair, it's actually portrayed with a lot of love, certainly in comparison to the parade of sexual atrocity that's preceded it on this list, but no matter how many references to affection, bird-watching, lazy days spent reading funny books, or poetry, it's still seven pages of a grade-school group sex session. Its sheer randomness lands it the top spot.

Did I mention the Bill Denbrough, the guy that gets sloppy sixths, is pretty much a transparent stand-in for King himself? "

link.

https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/top-5-sickest-st...

https://www.vulture.com/2017/09/how-the-new-it-mov...

i was unaware..how grossmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dang bro, them do like that? i never seened it. that sound scary