Did metformin regulate your periods with pcos?

long story short gained 100 lbs in a year irregular cycles since January six months diagnosed with pcos. just prescibed metformin?

Favorite Answer

I was too old for period when I started taking metformin for type 2 diabetes and I doubt it will regulate your period or make you lose weight but the reason doc gave it to you is because you have to stick to a healthy diet when taking metformin which helps you lose weight which could help regulate your periods but my friend who took it to help get pregnant also took clomid which helps ovulation, it took just under a year before she got pregnant, Good Luck

Yes it did, after 2.5 years. Some people don't stick with it, but controlling the insulin resistance is the key to treating PCOS rather than masking the symptoms.

No, it did not. It's not a universal successful treatment.

Will it regular yours? No idea. But it's the most common first line treatment, so all you can do from here is try it. I assume the doctor also recommended a healthy diet.