why chevy cruze not reliable?

i heard from my friends saying chevy cruze is not reliable i was think on buying a corolla or cruze but chevy cruze is not reliable he told me the transmissions are bad and they just stop working

• Evil C
    1 week ago

The automatic transmissions in the Cruze are junk, but the manuals fare better, except they're harder to find since hardly anyone wants to drive one in America anymore.

I rented a Cruze for a few days, so I cannot say anything about reliability, but the design is poorly thought out, it's under-powered etc.. one of the worst cars I've been in. If you are buying new, it's no contest - Corolla is a better car.

chevy makes ***, a 1995 civic better

YOU should be BANNED FOR LIFE

GM has a habit of using parts from cars that were a disaster to build a new model with a new name. Same result, another disaster of a car.

Get the Corolla which is reliable. The Cruze is not only unreliable but sorely underpowered.

• Rick B

Sounds like you have already answered your own question. They are unreliable because the transmissions are bad and they stop working.