Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

At what weight will the seatbelt sign go on in a car?

Sometimes it thinks my backpack is a person and will incessantly ding.

You should all be politicians, can't answer a question correctly.

• Edna

The seatbelt warning in my car will often "ding" if I so much as set my purse in the passenger seat. I've found that the best way to prevent it from "dinging" is to keep the seat belt (front and back) fastened, even if there's no person sitting in that seat.

I think the seat belt warning will "ding" whenever the sensors tell it that there's weight in that seat (regardless of the weight) but the seat belt's not fastened.

• zipper

About five pounds, the best thing to do is lock the seat belt to getter the light will go out and if there is an alarm it will not activate.

could be 15 pounds.  I never measured.  I just know you have a sensor in the seat so buckle up that side to shut it down.

Just snap the seatbelt together if you don't want to listen to the dinging.

If your backpack is in the front passenger seat it needs strapping down. It could kill you if it's loose in a roll over.

• Erik

That's weird. Why not just put the backpack on the floor, or in the back, or fasten the seatbelt?

• Ron
      1 month agoReport

That would entail the use of a brain cell

• Ron

60 pounds............................

it depends on the car i think