Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

At what weight will the seatbelt sign go on in a car?

Sometimes it thinks my backpack is a person and will incessantly ding.

Update:

You should all be politicians, can't answer a question correctly.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The seatbelt warning in my car will often "ding" if I so much as set my purse in the passenger seat. I've found that the best way to prevent it from "dinging" is to keep the seat belt (front and back) fastened, even if there's no person sitting in that seat.

I think the seat belt warning will "ding" whenever the sensors tell it that there's weight in that seat (regardless of the weight) but the seat belt's not fastened.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

About five pounds, the best thing to do is lock the seat belt to getter the light will go out and if there is an alarm it will not activate.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

could be 15 pounds.  I never measured.  I just know you have a sensor in the seat so buckle up that side to shut it down.

• 1 month ago

Just snap the seatbelt together if you don't want to listen to the dinging.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If your backpack is in the front passenger seat it needs strapping down. It could kill you if it's loose in a roll over.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's weird. Why not just put the backpack on the floor, or in the back, or fasten the seatbelt?

• Ron
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

That would entail the use of a brain cell

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

60 pounds............................

• 1 month ago

it depends on the car i think

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.