Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What happens if you eat raw shrimp with the vein and shell not removed?!?

Update:

This is a joke

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

thats very gross

• james
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In the U.S. nothing. In the S, Pacific. Tape worms if fresh. Here some do eat head shell & all. I do not care for them that way. But do eat the shell if cooked right. Remove head & vein. Cook on a screen till the shell is golden brown over a coconut hull hot burning charcoal. The shell is crunchy then.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why would you do that??.

It would'nt be very pleasant! You could choke, or at least be quite ill.

• 1 month ago

Besides not enjoying it not much the shell of a shrimp isn't going to hurt you and the sand inside of it isn't going to hurt you either it's just not appetizing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Well...depending on how "intact" the shell passes it may hurt a bit on the way out.

If the shrimp were frozen then thawed I would think the chances of getting sick from eating 1 (one) shrimp is low. Eating more may pose a problem IF the shrimp were contaminated in any way.

As far as the vein (aka digestive tract) while it would not taste great and may be gritty I can assure you that you consume more fecal matter than that on occasions.

• J.S.
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You will get very sick

• 1 month ago

It can give you a disease

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i would think you could choke on the shell. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY IT IS NOT SAFE TO EAT "RAW" SHRIMP.  NEVER DO THAT.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It just means you are some shrimp poop.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why would you want to eat raw shrimp? Do you have a diarrhea fetish?

And that "vein" is actually a polite word for "intestinal tract". (But perhaps you like eating feces, too). The shell would do nothing and in fact some people do eat it, though it's too crunchy for most.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nothing. I would think they would taste pretty gross though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.