Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 4 weeks ago

I have to withdraw from college so I can work full time, will I owe what they gave me in financial aid? ?

I have been a full time college student for two years and now I have to work full time because of problems at home with my parents. I got a job at another university so as an employee I would be able to go to school free there. My tuition at my current college was always covered by federal (FAFSA) and state (NY TAP) financial aid. If I withdrawal from my four classes this semester will I have to owe anyone the amount I received in financial aid?  

potentially, yes. it is past the no cost withdrawal date? how about a hardship exemption?

• Laurie

It depends on the terms of your aid - which you should have made sure you understood before you accepted it.

You should complete the semester. See whether your teachers will work with you to allow you to complete the classes online, or some other way.

i would talk to someone in financial aids about it

• Greg

How do you expect me to read what you signed? Can't you read?