Why does my breaker keep tripping?! 😡?

So I moved into a fifth wheel trailer around July-ish and when I moved in the breaker was fine. I flipped it a few times on accident overpowering it because I didn't know it would be an issue. Problem is that I'm now careful about when I use what and make sure I don't power too many things at once and the breakers are constantly flipping! Now all I have running is my A.C (I'm in Texas) and my icebox. I have a couple things here and there plugged in but are not on or being used such as my TV phone charger and Xbox one s. Even with only the A.C and Icebox being the only things running it constantly flips. This thing is a 45 Amp fifth wheel and should be powerful enough to basically or almost be capable of running 2 A.C's + microwave and a few other things. Not sure if the breaker is going bad or the A.C is partly to blame.

update: I don't know how old the trailer or breaker is, I'm just renting it for now. I also do not have money to pay to get it fixed, the reason I live here is because a lack of money.

They wear out from tripping and get weak.

It's smoking too much erb

Running an AC is like running a electric heater.  It uses a lot of electricity. HOUSE wiring on average is 15Amp per outlet Wiring in a trailer is lighter wiring(no way is it 45A) so essentially you got 2 heaters & a micro on the same circuit breaker. And a refrigerator.  Refrigerator takes 20 amp breaker (by itself)

Breakers do eventually wear out.  I have one that used to do the clothes washer but now can only do a lightbulb...as the breaker has gotten weaker.  That was 2 years ago.  I use a contractor's 100ft extension cord and plug into a different outlet on a different breaker and run the washer.  I do that because I have 3 cords hanging around and it saves me the hassle to go out and buy a new identical breaker and wire it in(JUST LAZY) I am doing what is simplest.  I wash clothes like once a month...so the extension cord is a coiled bundle near the outlet.   That is what I would do first.   CHECK A DIFFERENT OUTLET on the opposite wall and see if you can run one AC on one wall and the other on the other wall without a problem.

.  If so, then you fixed it for free. 

You can't up the amp on the breaker because the breaker protects the house wiring from glowing red hot and catching fire to the trailer inside the walls.

.  Insurance inspectors come out and check the wiring and the breakers.  (as connections do not burn away). If they see a high breaker in there, then they can refuse to pay fire insurance...so you really lose out.  Insurance wins by not paying out.

there are other possibilities. example: ordinary romex absorbs moisture in damp conditions and loses its ability to insulate properly. While this takes years to happen, you didn't say how old the 5th wheel is. and figuring it out is a bear -- use resistance measures from your multimter

• Laurie

Flipping breakers are a fire-safety warning. Flip them off and LEAVE them off until you can call in an electrician. It may be that the breaker needs to be replaced, which is a quick and not-too-expensive repair.

................

I would first replace the breaker, especially if it is very old. If that does not solve the problem then you need to call an electrician to diagnose the problem.

Breakers will wear out, especially if you abuse them.

maybe you should get a mechanic to check it out

• Echo Echo4 weeks agoReport

Yeah except I'm renting this thing and I'm VERY low income. Can't even afford to fix my SUV let alone this thing.