Can you get a good job without a degree?

If someone has programing skills, can hi/she land a job?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Sure, you can learn almost anything you put your mind to even if you don’t go to school for it. You can try Sales, Programming etc. it will come with a learning curve but it is more than doable.

• 4 weeks ago

Ofcourse why not. Having a good job is not based on a degree. Just go and apply, learn the process, work hard and do best at all times. Godbless. :))

• 1 month ago

No. Not a programing job.

• B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sure. however, the programming is generally looked upon as a degree in computer science, so try it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you can prove to companies that you can do the job well, even without a college degree, then yes. The issue is proving it to potential employers.

If you can positively contribute to open-source projects, that can help quite a bit in getting a programming job. However, most employers for programming/CS jobs typically require a 4 year college degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.

• 1 month ago

i dont see why not, i heard you can make good money with sales

• 1 month ago

I had no degree when I started working for a bank in a very low position. I worked my way up by taking college classes and finally became an application consultant which was an assistant vice president. I worked up from operator, programmer, etc.

This was long ago and these days there is a lot of competition. You should at least have an associates degree but many companies want engineers.

• 1 month ago

Sure, but you had better be a spectacular programmer. I know someone with an excellent job at a major social media company without any degree whatsoever...but they are the exception to the rule that education will get you ahead.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are many good jobs available without a degree, if you have the skills and experience required.

This is rare, though, in programming.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most companies prefer a degree for programmers. Trades like welding, plumbing, electrical, etc. make good money without a degree. But they require training and certification.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.