Why do so many drivers honk at the car in front of them for making a left turn when they're waiting for traffic to pass by ?

The driver who honks also needs to go left. Like do they want the driver in front of them get crashed? Most of these drivers would also honk when the car in front of them is making a normal right turn when theres no cars and pedestrian passing by 

zdfffffffffffffffgsfwefwefew

• Jerry

I was once passenger in the car of one of those drivers you describe. I asked the driver why he was honking and his response was "I'm in a hurry."

You are not responsible for the impatience of those behind you. If you're at a stop sign, at a yield sign, pulling out of driveway onto the highway, whatever, you do not allow your judgement of what is or is not safe driving to be influenced by the impatience of the driver behind you.

Like the bumper sticker says "I may be slow, but I'm still ahead of you."

When the light turns green, and you are the lead car in the left turn lane, you:

Proceed past the "stop" line into the intersection and await an opportunity to turn left. Turn left when a safe opportunity arises. Notice that to be a successful driver, you need a delicate balance between "balls" and "brains". Too much either way leads to problems. If someone is honking at you, you're doing something wrong. Correct it. Be cautious, but have courage too.

• Jerry
      4 weeks agoReport

Disagree. There are many reasons that driver behind on may be honking, reasons like "I'm frustrated" and "I want everyone to know how pissed off I am." And in some areas it is illegal to enter the intersection and then sit there without completing the turn.

• Erik

You say "so many", but it's rare for me to see that. They're honking because they're saying "Hey, it was clear, why don't you go".

• Jerry
      4 weeks agoReport

Drive your car based on your own judgment, not the judgment of some impatient hyper-caffeinated doink in the car behind you.

• George

Just honk back at them but hold the horn on for about 30 seconds. They'll get the message!

Maybe Taco Bell closes at 2AM and it's already 1:55AM. You sound inconsiderate and should probably get the **** out of the way :)