can a pk380 shoot 38 special ammo?

No, I dont think it would

No. Just because to rounds have the same caliber it does not mean they are the same cartridge. The 380 is sometimes call the 9 mm short or 9 mm kruz. That is not the same as the 9mm. It also is not the same as the 38, 38 special, 357 mag even though the bullet diameter is the same. I suggest you look at the gun, see what it says on the gun and shoot that and stop trying to use something else.

No. Cartridge size/shape precludes this.

• Adam D
      4 weeks agoReport

Never underestimate the ability of stupid people to put things in places that they don't fit.

Your PK380 will take .380 ACP or 9×17mm, (9MMshort) nothing else

No,, a very different round. the only thing similar in common is the caliber diameter.

Your PK380 will take .380 ACP  or 9×17mm, (9MMshort) nothing else

Some revolvers chambered in .38 Spl, will shoot the .380 ACP  with moon clips to give the round the needed rim.

Lots of luck! The Walther's PK380 takes a ACP round that is center fire and "rimless".

The 38 special is a rim fire round.

No it will not shoot (right) and will not even load right.

• Adam D
      4 weeks agoReport

My comments were for his answer and the general situation, Richard. I didn't mean it to seem as though I was directing anything towards your statements.

• Adam D

A good rule of thumb is if your gun barrel (or somewhere on the gun) isn't stamped for a particular ammunition, don't ever put that ammunition in the gun - even if it fits. The only exception to this is if the manual that came with the gun EXPLICITLY says you can use a type of ammo. If you have a gun, you should have the manual for it if that manual exists. Even for a used gun, you can acquire an owners manual - manufacturers will typically send you one, or you can download it.

please turn in your guns because guns kill people

• Adam D
      4 weeks agoReport

the missing word in my last comment was "lazy", I don't know where it went

• C T M

NO! Those are 2 completely different calibers. DO NOT try it. Shoot ONLY the ammo your firearm is designed to shoot. NO SUBSTITUTIONS!

• Russ in NOVA
      4 weeks agoReport

Often it is a case of ignorance rather than stupidity. Usually these don't know any better because they have no training, whether it be from a responsible adult or an NRA certified firearm course. If they DID have training and still ask the question, then they are stupid.