can a pk380 shoot 38 special ammo?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No, I dont think it would

• 4 weeks ago

No. Just because to rounds have the same caliber it does not mean they are the same cartridge. The 380 is sometimes call the 9 mm short or 9 mm kruz. That is not the same as the 9mm. It also is not the same as the 38, 38 special, 357 mag even though the bullet diameter is the same. I suggest you look at the gun, see what it says on the gun and shoot that and stop trying to use something else.

• 4 weeks ago

No. Cartridge size/shape precludes this.

• Adam D
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Never underestimate the ability of stupid people to put things in places that they don't fit.

• 4 weeks ago

Your PK380 will take .380 ACP or 9×17mm, (9MMshort) nothing else

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No,, a very different round. the only thing similar in common is the caliber diameter.

Your PK380 will take .380 ACP  or 9×17mm, (9MMshort) nothing else

Some revolvers chambered in .38 Spl, will shoot the .380 ACP  with moon clips to give the round the needed rim.

• 4 weeks ago

Lots of luck! The Walther's PK380 takes a ACP round that is center fire and "rimless".

The 38 special is a rim fire round.

No it will not shoot (right) and will not even load right.

• Adam D
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

My comments were for his answer and the general situation, Richard. I didn't mean it to seem as though I was directing anything towards your statements.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A good rule of thumb is if your gun barrel (or somewhere on the gun) isn't stamped for a particular ammunition, don't ever put that ammunition in the gun - even if it fits. The only exception to this is if the manual that came with the gun EXPLICITLY says you can use a type of ammo. If you have a gun, you should have the manual for it if that manual exists. Even for a used gun, you can acquire an owners manual - manufacturers will typically send you one, or you can download it.

• 4 weeks ago

please turn in your guns because guns kill people

• Adam D
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

the missing word in my last comment was "lazy", I don't know where it went

• C T M
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

NO! Those are 2 completely different calibers. DO NOT try it. Shoot ONLY the ammo your firearm is designed to shoot. NO SUBSTITUTIONS!

• Russ in NOVA
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Often it is a case of ignorance rather than stupidity. Usually these don't know any better because they have no training, whether it be from a responsible adult or an NRA certified firearm course. If they DID have training and still ask the question, then they are stupid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.