Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Does it make sense to stay with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend,his mom, and I live together. He said he wants to get married. I told him I would like that and thought about it for a few days. I went to him and said, "look I want to get married, have a family and continue to build our relationship. The thing is, I don't want to live with your mom and be married. This could be very toxic in our relationship." He got mad at me and said, " no way. I'm not kicking out my mom for you." I asked him, "so you're going to choose your moms happiness over our relationship and future together?" He said "yes, she has been there my whole life. So guess we aren't getting married." Does it makes sense to stay with a guy who is choosing his mother over our relationship?  I don't want to raise children around her or have to live with another woman who is going to try to control the house.

Wow it depends on her income. Im a mom and seriously if she's a mature person she will NOT try to control anything that does not need to be controlled. I know for a fact that if my son chose me he would at least help me with my rent somewhere else while I live away from him and his beautiful promising family.

Lil mamas boy doesn’t want to move out and live on his own. Surprised he even thought about marriage. Best to move on...

• Anna
      4 weeks agoReport

He loves his mother and she's been there his whole life. Girlfriends come and go but your mother is there until she dies.

Now you know where your boyfriend's priorities lie - and they aren't with you. You should leave the house and the relationship. This guy is not the man for you. Men who can't leave their mothers can't have normal relationships with other women, nor their children. You'd always be a second class citizen for him and you would be controlled by his mother, forever.

• Anna
      4 weeks agoReport

Sounds like my boyfriend except we don't live together and he has a disability and cant move out.

He's a mommy's boy. He's unlikely to change so my advice is to look for a normal, emancipated guy.