Star asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

My mom used up my first credit card, does this mean my credit is ruined ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Frank
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No. It means your mother is a JACKASS...pay it ONTIME and PAY IT DOWN and GET A NEW CARD so your DUMBASS MOTHER CAN'T USE IT ANYMORE.

• 1 month ago

As long as it gets paid back it should cause no damage.

How did mom use your credit card? Did you allow her to?

• Shay
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Maxing out a card hurts the score until it is paid back.  This is short term credit damage that quickly recovers with on time payments and not using it again for a while.

Once it is paid back, the score will improve again.

If she failed to make payments on time - then she has destroyed your credit on a more long term scale.  It would take longer to recover from that kind of damage.

• R K
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it depends what you mean by used up. if you mean she maxed out your card buying stuff and didn't pay anything back, yes it ruined your credit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends if she paid it on time or not. You do not use up credit card balances, you pay it off and can charge more.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, but it's harmed. And if it's not paid off on schedule, it'll be even worse.

• 1 month ago

If she paid off the card, then it may have improved your credit.

If she used your credit to scam a credit card company though and never made the payments, your credit takes the hit. Thank your mom for damaging your credit before you ever had a chance...

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only temporarily. It will go back up once the debt is paid off and the record is completely cleansed in seven years. Let her get her own card.

• 1 month ago

It may be...................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.