Financial help to move from roach infestation?

My parents have lived in this apartment building for over 10 years and just recently within the last year certain apartments ended up with roaches. The landlord knows about it and has sent a well known company out to spray and everything. But my mom's apartment seems like it's really bad despite her cleaning every day. They are in her VCR and other devices. And even the kitchen appliances like the stove clock and back of the fridge! My mom has chronic sinus issues I'm sure has something to do with them and it's horrible because she's got multiple health issues. They can't afford to move though because they only get SSI/SSD and I'm currently seeking disability myself for my health issues. Are there any agencies or anything out there to help them financially get into a new place?

Nope.  Pretty stupid to rent a place that stretches them to the limit so that they cannot save anything, leaving them nothing to move.  Government does not move people.  That's YOUR responsibility.  One or both of your parents will have to get a second job for a while and save what they need, and then some.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • R P

VCR?

You can ask friends or family for a loan. Or you try to find about social services organizations in your area, like the Catholic Church.

No, there are no government agencies that will pay for your move.

What exactly are your health issues? Don't want to end up in a roach infested apartment like your parents, continue your education and get a JOB!

Boric acid is very cheap and very effective.

This is when family and friends can help you....borrow money from them.

Spread boric acid (powder, available at grocery stores) around the perimeter of the unit.  Roaches will not cross through it.  Then, keep cleaning until they're gone.

Nobody will pay for them to move...

Other than some local assistance from a church, probably nobody out there to help.

you could try asking social services if theres any help around for that

There is no agency I am aware of that pays moving costs. There are agencies to help pay rent but the cost of moving is on you. You can call 2-1-1 from any phone & find out what if any programs are available in your specific area.