Ana asked in HealthDental · 4 weeks ago

Is this rude to do to my dentist? ?

Last week I went in to get a filling. Dentist kept arguing and being passive aggressive with the nurse, so was obviously in a mood. 

At one point he leaned down on my front teeth incredibly hard (I've had a filling before and the dentist never did this). A week later my front teeth still feel very uncomfortable. Idk if he's done anything to them but it's very, very uncomfortable.

Is it rude if I phone up to change my next appointment (next week) to another dentist? And could he have done anything to my teeth when he leaned on them or is it just discomfort? 

Yes it is rude.

Yes you can it’s not rude

• B

you are correct and assuming something is wrong with your current dentist, so by all means cancel whatever appointment you have set up and you do not have to offer any explanation. I recently changed from a long time dentist as he appeared to be taking advantage by raising his prices every visit and making me feel I had to come in for more than two cleanings a year. the new dentist did not see any issues.

usually dentists may used a clear plastic piece called a mylan strip and may wrap it around, on top, or under neath one of the front teeth to help rebuild the shape of the tooth while restoring a cavity (placing a filling) and/ or when curing the filling. This is a normal technique. It is also normal to experience slight sensitivity to a tooth you have had recently had a filling placed on. It is appropriate to contact the dentist if you are experiencing extreme sensitivity (hot or cold) to that tooth.

it is never rude to cancel an appointment and go to a different dentist, doctor or anyone who performs a service

If he made you, in any way, uncomfortable, you have the right to change dentists.

• i mean if u want to change dentist that’s completely fine they’ll allow it but if ur teeth hurt after that dentist pushed them maybe they moved a tiny bit ask the new dentist if they are okay

I would change my dentist without hesitation. Of course it's not rude.