Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 months ago

Is being a tall girl really unattractive?

I’m 17 and 5’10. I’m constantly receiving comments about my height all the time, never anything negative usually but I’d rather not age people notice it so much. I’ve come across really negative things about tall women on the Internet recently without even looking for it - comments saying tall women look like drag queens, look like giraffes ect. It’s just really making my self esteem plummet. I feel so unattractive and masculine. What are your opinions on height? Would men still date a girl that’s tall? 

Have people notice*

Thanks for all the lovely replies!

Been there. Now 30 I still hate being tallest..

Mostly people comment on something visual when they themself are feeling awkward, with nothing to say. But it's the same as saying to someone: "Your teeth is so white", "Is that your real hair?" or "Your skin glows".

Tall girls are always a threat, because they can talk eye-to-eye to any guy, and don't have to jump up and down, in high heals, to be noticed by a guy.

Rather worry about finding a guy you don't (figuratively) look down to.

People always want to comment

you are as tall as jennifer lawrence I think... so just date a guy of your height and up if you care about that.

Depends on your eyes

depends, it can be

• Layne

I am 5'3 and 103lbs. I like guys who are taller. He is 6'7". If a woman is taller, then it is not bad and a matter of choice. Like we Asian women.

• Veschengro.4 months agoReport

So you'd date a man who is 5'4"?

Only to those that are jealous. Your femininity has nothing to do with your height !

Yes. Would you date a man shorter than yourself?

No I overheard a conversation of men saying they loved tall girls. !

Love who you are, unhappy and insecure people will always hate and find something wrong.

Tall woman are beautiful, carry yourself in confidence knowing you were born different and unique because we are not all the same, not even one. The majority of people adore tall females, especially men of color. So don't get caught in the negative because a large majority of men will date a woman regardless of her height, it's personality and what you think about yourself that will deflect men.

My 8 siblings are all tall, we range from 5'10" - 6'6". I'm 6'1" 28 y/o, my sister is 6'0" 24 y/o and my other sister she is 5'10" 17 y/o.

All in all your amazing and more beautiful than what you think, trust me, tall girls tend to get what they want especially confident and bold ones.

Hell yeah, they date tall women. Just don't do the opposite to them, please. If you see a cute guy who's all of 5'7'' and you really like him, give him a chance. I hate the double-standard with height. Dating someone based off height is so stupid. As a tall girl who has been cast aside in favor of her short friends, it sucks, but I have dated men shorter than me and not one of us cared, even when people made snide comments. Ef 'em.

We are tall and we are awesome.