Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 4 weeks ago

Which gives a better view, the camera or the mirror?

I cannot tell as to whether the camera gives a more accurate view of my face irl or the mirror. The thing is when I look at the mirror, I look better than in the camera. In the mirror, my brows are not as uneven as compared to the camera, where one is shorter and higher than the other. So I just wanna know, which gives a more accurate view? Which one would people see irl?

sdsdfdsfsdfdsfdssdfds

The mirror gives a better view

• Joe

Depends on the quality of each. 

• CurtisC3 weeks agoReport

Correct! If you think of a telescope, the best have reflective mirrors, like the hubble, but it is only as good as the lens, like the hubble.

• Mirror will gives best view

This mainly depends on the lens and position of the camera. If someone uses a lens ranging form 50mm to about 200mm and holds it at eye level standing a few feet away this gives you an accurate image of what you look like. Holding the camera at an angle other than eye level can change appearance. Wide angel lenses also have some distortion and can stretch out your head especially when used close up. That last part is especially true with the iPhone camera.

Quit spending so much time focusing on your appearance. Get a life.

• keerok

The mirror is easy to use (no brainer, just stand in front of it) hence most people will find it more accurate. The only complaint is the reversed orientation.

A camera is more technical and if you don't know the nuances of taking great photos consistently, you won't find your pictures flattering. Worse, the camera never did take accurate pictures ever. It didn't during film and it still doesn't now with digital. That's the fun part of it all. Good photographers can make anyone look better through pictures.

• qrk

If your camera picture is a selfie, then your face is wonky looking because of perspective distortion (camera too close to subject) and lens distortion.

If you move the camera 5 feet away from the subject with proper lighting, then the camera will produce a proper image of your likeness.

Mirror wins.

You'd think the mirror would be more in HD and true colors than some camera.

they probably both give good views