does anybody else feel like cooking is more enjoyable when you have a big luxurious kitchen?

small cramped spaces are horrible when you're trying to cook or host dinner parties

• Sparky
    Best Answer

For sure.

I'm always more inspired with lots of bench and cupboard space.

• denise

Yes, I think it would be, but my kitchen is very small, but I've cooked for 5-6,

If I've more people coming, I make a cold buffet.

I hate cramped kitchens, sure. But I also don't like cooking in bigger kitchens. I have a small kitchen now with a lot of counter space, so that's a very nice mix. I can get everything out, plop it on the counter, and go. I don't have to feel like I'm walking a mile for the spices or something I need, it's just right there.

I actually work better in a smaller kitchen - as long as I have enough counter space. Most 'big' kitchens have a lot of unused space, so it just means you do more walking around.

Cleanup is easier in small kitchen as well.

Or you could have a potluck, and everyone bring their own special food dish. Which they could talk about and rave about. That would be interesting and tasty also. So no large kitchen needed for that.

• Janet

I have always had a small cramped kitchen. And turned out gourmet meals. Including 4-couruse meals with a total of 8 or 9 different dishes.

The MOST counter space I have ever had has been (including space for the dish rack .. no diswasher), and the LEAST I have ever had has been ONE foot (plus a board I put over the top of the stove, to work as a temporary counter).

We are only as annoyed with things as WE decide to be annoyed.

Well yes, but that's just common sense. Luxury isn't a prerequisite, just space.