Etek 5 or Axe 2.0?

I’m looking to upgrade to my first electric paintball marker. I have it down to these two options— Planet Eclipse Etek 5 or Empire Axe 2.0.

I’ve done a lot of reading in the two. I know the Etek 5 operates at a lower pressure which can help accuracy, but may sacrifice some distance as they lob a bit more. It also helps with more brittle paint.  

I play both speedball and woodsball. I’ve been able to hold an Axe 2.0 and it was decently comfortable, although I wouldn’t have minded a bit more distance between my hands. I have not been able to hold or use an etek5. 

If anyone has any experience with these markers, let me know which you preferred and why. Thanks!

First you need to learn some things about basic ballistics. It doesn't matter if it's the worst of the rental markers or one of the unobtainium pro makers, 300fps is still 300 fps. Both markers chronoed at 300fps will shoot the exact same distance the exact same way if you are using the same paintballs. There is a similar problem with a number of other myths like longer barrels vs shorter barrels, or vented vs unvented etc. If the paintball leaves the end of the barrel at the same speed with the same paintball, the ballistics are always the same. The only way you can get more distance and more reliable breaks is with a higher density paintball fill that is on the lower end of the size range. A heavier slightly smaller paintball will carry more energy farther.

The only thing low pressure does is it is a little easier on fragile paint. So to get the ball to 300fps, low pressure uses a longer softer blast of air instead of a shorter harder blast of air. At least that is the basic theory. How that blast of air gets behind the ball also matters because a restricted high pressure blast can be made to act like a low pressure blast. Low pressure is a good advertising point, but it still has to produce the same amount of force to shoot the paintball.

In spite of popular beliefs and many "pro" experts, the math doesn't lie if you bother to do it.

So moving on to which marker. If I had the money and both my autocockers died forever, I'd probably go with an Etek. Both markers will do a good job for what you want though. Then it comes down to what you are comfortable with. If you are looking for what is popular, go to a big game and see what everyone has. You'll probably find more Eteks. What ever you choose, take care of it and it will likely last a long time.

A Eclipse Etek 5 and a Empire 2.0 Axe are two options if you are looking. Try to make a good decision

and stuff. Don't be shy around the referee. Ask Bill what he bought dude. I would go for a Eclipse Etek5

and a Empire 2.0 Axe.