WT asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 month ago

Ask a woman for slow dance and she say NO.?

I am 60 ,in a social group all age around 50s 60s. At a social dance event. I ask this woman around 50 ( we meet once ) to dance , disco music , she dance with me for a few songs . Later on when slow dance I ask her to dance again but she say NO. Although I am interest in her. After that I did not ask her to dance again.   Instead I ask other woman in our group to dance. I think I am doing the right move or you guys have advise for me. Thanks

• Fred

Perhaps she has received no instruction on a formal couples dance format and she abstains for fear of a humiliating display.

So you must improve your dance skill level to where you can rudimentary instruct a non-skilled partner.

Or she fears you will maul her on the dance floor! … So never … ever.. do such a thing! Women are highly attuned to what goes on upon the dance floor … So! NEVER BEHAVE IN SUCH FASHION!!!

OR??? She is highly skilled in conventional couples dance format.. and does not want or wants no part of a SCHLEP DANCER! Maybe she's an Argentine Tango Super STAR!!!

If you are a SCHLEP; you did the correct thing!

If she's a Platinum competitive level Argentine Tango dancer... you shot yourself in the foot!!!

• Gedia

Are you trying to fathom out the thinking of a woman, stop you never will, they do not know themselves ! We have a female prime minister in New Zealand which will prove that. All noise and smiles. Sugar lips , everything sounds good and sweet, but you get results from her words.

• John

Dances are for dancing. Good, clean fun. The fact that people hook up occasionally is beside the point, that's up to them.

She isn’t interested or she’d continue. Just enjoy yourself w other dance partners.

• Ramona

Slow songs are awkward to do with strangers. Usually, slow songs are done with someone you want to be romantic with. Meeting her once does not mean knowing her.

She probably felt awkward.

I'd dance with all the ladies, if she's interested show her more attention but don't put all your eggs in one basket.

If she shows interest then I'd focus on her if that's who you are interested in.

Usually questions like these are asked by 15 year olds, so I am a bit surprised here, but I will answer it nevertheless.

Alright, know this that succeeding or failing is not due to just a fixed "move". There are many other factors taken into consideration. While some women may find you attracrive, others may not. Same goes for personality traits. In fact, they're the most important bit. In general, people are attracted to those who feel confident without being arrogant, are not acting but are truly being themselves, and who generally are respectful to the other. Sometimes this will lead you somewhere, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, accept that and move on.

• Frank

60? ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE NOT 12? WTF dude...who the f#ck cares? You can't make babies with her...so what? At your age there are FAR more females...all the 70 plus aged males are DEAD...because they all married YOUNGER FEMALES.