Troy
Lv 5
Troy asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If a man and a women are both intoxicated and have sex are they both guilty of rape since neither can give consent?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm not real sure how it works now but once was a time to charge of rape required I repeat required penetration so while you're at the bar having your drink chit-chatting I suggest you stick your finger in each other's ear if you're even considering a rape charge there has to be penetration

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would throw cold water on a lot of frat parties.

• 1 month ago

No, If a man is so intoxicated that he can't consent to sex, he is too intoxicated to have sex.

Nice try.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Being intoxicated does NOT make it rape. It is only a factor if you are too incapacitated to consent.  

If they agreed to have sex before they were incapacitated, it wouldn't be an issue at all. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In theory. Or they could both just chalk it up to taking personal responsibility for their actions and in that way no one would have to face a rape charge.

• 1 month ago

If they are both unconscious neither can give consent. Problem solved, dude.

• Troy
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Since neither gave consent then are they guilty of an assault.

• 1 month ago

Yes, technically they are.

• P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's technically true, however if the woman was intoxicated enough to lose consciousness the guy would be found solely guilty. Courts would still rely on witness testimony to tell if the woman was obviously more intoxicated than the man to give consent if the woman feels she was raped.  

• 1 month ago

Both of them can give consent. Being drunk doesn't matter unless just ONE of them is intoxicated.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

While that might be technically true, there is usually the lack of a complainant in that situation. .

Edit: There are often regrets though, as a result of the 'beer goggle' effect

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.