I am living with a partner and paying rent somewhere else.?

my boyfriends parents hate me and occasionally kick me out. My boyfriend has PTSD and anger management issues that can make me want to leave sometimes. I am currently living with him a majority of the week but I'm paying 700 a month for this apartment and can't afford to take my college classes or really do anything other than work paying for this apartment alone and not really living there. What should I do? 

8 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Look at renting a cheaper room in a shared place.

    Stop living at your boyfriend's, remove that issue.

    Make something of your own life.

  • 1 month ago

    Why can't your boyfriend move in with you and help you pay the rent? If he can't, maybe you should reconsider your relationship.

    • Amanda1 month agoReport

      he has a  larger dog and cant have him in the living space. He doesn't really want to live with me in my apartment either way. Just because he doesn't want to. 

  • 1 month ago

    Amanda, I think you, and your boyfriend, need to decide if you are: a) living together or b) not living together.

    If you want to live together - commit to it and get a joint place.

    If you don't want to to live together, keep your own place and stop 'living with him the majority of the week'.

    But please bear in mind that this guy has 'issues' that obviously affect you, so please think carefully before deciding to commit to being with him properly . But stop living this half life

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Think carefully and seriously about what kind of future you'll have with a bf who PTSD and anger management issues that can make you want to leave sometimes. good luck

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    Since they keep kicking you out of your bf's place why don't you just move into the apartment permanently and he can come visit you there.

  • 1 month ago

    You are probably going to have to put off college until you can afford it. Lots of people do that. If your apartment is big enough then you can also get a roommate. You would be the dream roommate = hardly ever home! You need to clear it with the landlord before seeking a roommate. They will typically require them be screened & added to the lease.

  • R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Dump the boyfriend, find a roommate that is suitable to your landlord (so that that person can sign your lease), and concentrate on going to college.

    You'll be much better off in the long run.

    Source(s): FL landlord
    • Move to a bigger place that is easier to share. People are always looking for room mates. Find one of those.

  • 1 month ago

    Put off college until you can afford to attend or find a roommate (with landlord approval) to share the expenses of the apartment. It's pretty obvious your roommate should not be your boyfriend.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.