Already sold item but another buy wants to pay more for same item. Should I cancel item from previous order and sell it to other buyer?

I listed and sold item on eBay for a fixed price. The next day before I shipped off package another buyer wants to give me $50 more for item. Should I cancel transaction from previous buyer to seller it to other buyer? Can I do it without previous buyer knowing it? I have perfect rating. 

have thinking about if the buyer will not choose your item and buy it from same item like you for cheaper $50.?

• Who

contract law say once an item is "sold" its sold to the buyer and now belongs to them - and THAT means the sller has no rights to that item any more (cos it belongs to the buyer)

so LEGALLY you cannot cancel or sell to somebody else

and LEGALLY if the buyer dont recieve it they can sue you for the cost of getting it from some place else - IF that requires them paying more than they paid the seller then tough the seller has to cough up the increased price

Problem is - ebay ignores the law to force the seller to cough up the extra money

sorry "nuff sed"

"In theory, contract laws deal with this common occurrence. You may cancel the less profitable contract,"

under contract law you CANNOT cancel a contract after its agreed for ANY reason without compensating the other party to the contract)-

In theory, contract laws deal with this common occurrence. You may cancel the less profitable contract, under some circumstances, knowing that the first buyer can request compensation for their damages when they have to find a substitute at a higher price, or perhaps even sue to have the original goods delivered as agreed. A contract is an agreement. Agreements can be broken. But the breaching party should expect to be held accountable.

In other words, you might legally be able to do what you're proposing, but you have to factor in what it will cost you in lost profit and reputation. Your state (or national) laws may vary, depending upon where your transaction occurred and whether it is a commercial sale or "personal".

For example, under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC): § 2-711. Buyer's Remedies in General, including "cover", delivery of specific goods, incidental and consequential damages, etc.

• R P

Do the right thing and send the package off to the person who already paid you for it.

You wouldn't like it if a seller tried to pull a fast one like that on you.

• Judy

you know better than that.

You made a deal. And you will have to pay the sale fee even if you cancel it meaning unless the 2nd guy is paying a lot more, its not worth it.

Have some integrity. A deal is a deal and you sold it for the price you wanted already.

I’m gonna destroy you

It's going to be a less than Perfect rating if you do.

• Cei

You agreed to sell it at the initial price (I presume you were happy with that as you set it).

You've accepted an offer therefore you can be deemed to have entered into a contract, you have to go through with the original sale.

At the very least it's the morally correct thing to do.