Lunch detention? But will be absent?

So I won’t be here the day I have lunch detention. Not bc I wanna skip it. I have an appt. I was wondering what would happen? Will I have two if I was absent?

Update:

I scheduled it on Wednesday and forgot I wasn’t going to be at school

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Katie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You will have to do a WEEK of lunchtime AND after school detentions for failing to turn up.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Most schools will give you two of you do not have a more to explain your absence

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Explain the situation beforehand, they can move the detention to another day. Not turning up is not a good option.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Tell somebody in authority BEFORE your schedule detention and it will be rescheduled. Don't just "not show up", because if you do that, you will likely get MORE detention time. And when you go into work world, if you are sick, call in, again, don't just "not show up".. The penalties can be far worse than extra detention - you could be fired.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Generally it would be rescheduled for a day you can actually serve it.  It's up to the Principle\Dean in charge of the disciplinary program at your school.  You really should make sure the person in charge of lunch detention knows about your appointment to avoid any drama.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.