What does the phrase "How do you like me now" mean?

It could just be a simple question without emotional content, but it has come to be used by people gloating to someone they just defeated in a sporting event or a fight.

• John P

Depends on context, but the implication could be that the speaker has very recently made large changes in his life-style or appearance or beliefs etc and is hoping that the listener will change her opinion of him. Alternatively that the speaker has made changes which might make the listener angry.

• Ramona

It means you once didn't like me for whatever reason but now that I did this huge eptic thing, do you like me now. It's usually an "in your face" reaction.

• Nathan

It is when one person does something to another person (who might of previously upset them), usually to prove a point

• Vicki

It's usually said after you doing something that might upset the other. It's like asking "Did that bother you?" in just a weirder way.

When you overpower the big bad boss