Verulam asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Somebody (Scottish) on TV right now is suggesting that IF Scotland leaves the UK, (assuming the EU accepts their membership?

without the rest of the UK), they'd not want a border with England. How could that not be necessary.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

If Scotland was an EU member, and England/Wales left EU without a deal, a hard border would need to be put in place.

• Press release distribution website pressreleasepower

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They will be prey for the larger and only economically independent part of Britain, if they leave. This will suit me just fine.

• 1 month ago

They want independence and yet be governed by ex failed solicitors politicians all on a huge  big wages paid by other countries.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The Scots are stupid.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sturgeon is living in cuckoo land it's all I want with her. She actually wants to be President of Scotland if the truth be known. I hope they do go for independence as they won't last 5 minutes and will come crawling back and then we can tell them, you made your bed now lie on it.

• Red1 month agoReport

Won't last 5 minutes? Most countries aren't part of the UK and seem to manage. You are implying that Scots are incapable. Your crawling back comments exhibits some notion of superiority. Disgusting. I suggest you take your anti-Scottish rant and stick it up your a..e.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The key thing about an Indpendent Scotland is that they would fail most tests for EU membership and would have to have their funny money (Euros) if they did manage to join. They would have to have a border of sorts but presumably, if it can be solved on the island of Ireland, the same can be done with them.

• Cheese and Onion
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

And why would we fail most tests? Where are you getting this from? Did you dream it?

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They were probably drawing a parallel with the Irish situation, maybe as a wind up...

• 1 month ago

What they want and what they get are two VERY different things. They want independence but, want the Queen as their monarch, want to continue using the £, want to be in the E.U but, not the U.K. So many demands, so little to offer.

• Red1 month agoReport

You could say that the Manx people "want" independence, "want" to have the queen as monarch", "want" to continue using the Manx pound (linked to Sterling) and "want" to be outside the E.U.. Oh, so many demands.

• 1 month ago

There’s a lot of ifs here, but if an independent Scotland was accepted into the EU and the rest of the U.K. is out, then theoretically there would be a border, but we could probably negotiate a trade deal with them. Sort of being like a member of the EU.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They want their cake, to eat it and be paid by the E.U. to have it. Just pie in the sky, they have nothing to offer to the E.U. but fantasies. 

Apart from the SNP, there are too many Scots in Parliament, look at the Lib Dem’s, by my septics reckoning they are more than 25% of that party. 

This is not good for the United Kingdom when the tail is allowed to wag so hard.

• Red1 month agoReport

Is it racism? Is it xenophobia? Either way, it's disgusting rhetoric.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.