My girlfriend is feeling depressed and I don’t know what to do?

I have this group chat of online friends I always talk to. My girlfriend is in that chat, and normally I’m the only one who scrolls up at old messages to see what everyone said after I went to bed, though the others don’t know that. I saw some messages from her where she was venting to the others that she’s been feeling depressed and doesn’t want me to know because I’m dealing with a lot lately. So now I know but she doesn't know I know and I don’t know how to help her. There’s only so much I can do because I met her online. I’m just really worried and I don’t know how to help her. Any advice internet..?

the internet will cause depression

• steph

Well she only doesn’t want you to know because she doesn’t want to burden you. Let her know you know and she is not a burden as someone who goes through a lot you want to help and be a shoulder to cry on. Be honest and offer your support lying may be worst thing to do as if she finds out you knew she will feel embarrassed and probably betrayed