Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 4 weeks ago

How long a word document can you send on email?

I'm writing a book on my tablet. Once I've written a certain amount, I'll send it to my laptop in case my tablet breaks somehow, but it's easier to write on my tablet. So how long a word document can I send via email? I'm guessing 50,000 words is too long.

The limiting factor is your email provider, they set file size limits on what you can send or receive. What that file is doesn't make any difference.

So you will find your answer in your internet/email provider's help files. Most large providers have limits that aren't too restrictive, a small local provider is probably not as generous.

File size is what is relevant. Plain documents are not that large and should go fine unless you have inserted a lot of pictures.

That will depend on your mail account/hoster. Some will cut the line at a few hundred kB, others don't have a problem with a hundred MB.

• David

50,000 words in text form is trivial in computing storage terms and can easily be sent via email. When you start to include pictures and other addons the file size starts to increase.