sam
sam asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

Books & Authors, writers for children and adult books.?

Is there a website where I can upload a story and get feedback, as I have not published anything as yet?

I’m only interested in UK websites. Many thanks Sam

• Tina

Try a site called Absolute Write.

• Andrew

There are plenty of websites where amateur authors can upload their work for free, but remember that when it comes to constructive criticism and helpful feedback, you get what you pay for. If you're contributing nothing, then the quality of the criticism and feedback that you receive will reflect that. Most of the sites where you can find real quality reviews and advice require membership, and in many cases, new members have to submit comments and reviews on the work of other members before they're permitted to submit their own work. That's as it should be. Why would anybody be willing to invest time and effort into reading your work for nothing? I'm willing to read excerpts and review them, but you'll receive a bare bones critique, a general impression where I might point out a few particulars, nothing in-depth, insightful, or comprehensive at all. Why should I go the trouble of exerting myself? If you're serious about writing, find serious writers who know what they're talking about, but don't expect them to bend over backwards to help some arrogant, inconsiderate stranger who's too cheap and too selfish to reciprocate or offer anything in the way of compensation. That's just common sense.