Why do Christians bow down to and die for their countries flag when Jesus wouldn't have?

Are those idiots Jehovah's witnesses right about Jesus not selecting a country to die for?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • DP.
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

JWs have trained themselves to squash independent thought like spiders you find in the bath.    Years of training means they've gotten good at it!

The bible tells us to obey those in authority over us and Jesus made it clear (much to the disappointment of the Jews) that meant obeying Caesar.  Now if Caesar had commanded the Apostles to fight for him, they would have!

• 1 month ago

JWs aren't right about anything.

• Juli1 month agoReport

https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/09/18/inq-jehovahs-witnesses/ 

• 1 month ago

Christians respect their Kings/leaders, national colors etc.,, because the Bible approved it. Ref Matt 22:21.

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There wasnt a flag of Bethlaham back then that anyone talked about

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Why do you claim to know the hearts of men, that which only God knows?

• L'nya
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Satan and the demons control man's govts-Matt 4:8,9;Dan 10:13,20;Rev 13. Jesus' kingdom is no part of Satan's wicked world-John 18:36;1 John 5:19. Man wasn't meant to rule over themselves nor to be trusted with salvation-Jer 10:23; Psalms 146:3,4. Man's govts and their supporters will very soon be destroyed by Jesus and the angels at Armageddon shortly-Ezek 39:4,17-21;Matt 25:31-33,46;Rev 16:14,16 jw.org

• 1 month ago

If you are going to the JWs to figure out right from wrong, you're already in a world of hurt.

• 1 month ago

There have been millions of Christians over the centuries who would not bow down to any country's flag, let alone die for their country! This was centuries before the JWs arrived at the end of the 19th century.

Quakers and Brethren - never heard of them, have you? Learn from history how dominant organized religions like Catholicism and Orthodoxy have persecuted Christians throughout the centuries, because those Christians would not bow to any pope or patriarch, but maintained their loyalty to King Jesus alone.

Christians who follow Jesus know that He said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place. You are right in saying that I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth." (John 18:36-37) All countries will have to bow down before the King of Glory, the resurrected Jesus Christ, when He returns to Earth with hosts of angels, to bring in the Day of Judgment. As stated in Revelation 1:5, He is "the firstborn from the dead and the ruler of the kings of the earth."

Further, Christians are told in 2 Corinthians 5:20 that they are ambassadors for Christ. An ambassador lives in a foreign country to represent his king (and the 'country' of Heaven, in the case of King Jesus). But that ambassador cannot give his allegiance to the country he lives in for he is a citizen of another country. So with Christians. They live in countries and are law-abiding, but they are citizens of Heaven - another country.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Jesus was here to save the souls of mankind , not a bloody country. He had no interest in wars or countries , only in giving the message from GOD

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Idiots are always right . Especially the ones like JW's who have been wrong so often .

And if Jesus is immortal like the Christ myth pretends would of had to of faked his death .

• 1 month agoReport

What was he before he descended ? Was he like a mortal and then his daddy said " Hey Dude - If you go Sacrifice yourself for sin you can be Immortal " - Or you can stay and be immortal .
      When does his better third Daddy Skyweh attain a immortality ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.