Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHonolulu · 4 weeks ago

Should I move to maui?

I just visited Maui on vacation and I fell in love. I love Hawaii so much and I want to move there. I just graduated college in may, got a bachelors in business administration. I am considering teaching though because (summers off) I moved from Illinois to Georgia currently living with my parents to save money. Just turned 26. I’m not married, no kids. I wanna save like 10,000 before I go which would take only a few months. I know it’s hella expensive there but what do I got to lose right? What do you think? Worst come to worst it doesn’t work and I move back to georgia with my parents 

First see if you can find a job there.

• DEBS

If you have the ability, freedom, and desire to give it a go, then why not? Trust me that you won't have this chance later. Succeed or fail, this will be an excellent experience.

You're right it is very expensive and it will be tough to make it. Even if you just cover your expenses for a few years you still get to experience life there. You'll have time to accumulate wealth later.

Go for it.

Assuming you've little to no big possessions to move (furniture/car etc.) it would never be easier.

I would strongly recommend not making a move like that without having a job lined up in advance. You could find it very difficult to rent housing without being able to show a source of income.