Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Do you fancy the name Mighleigh or Maighceigh more for a girl?

My-Lee

May-See

• Jon

Both are silly. 'Maighceigh' pronounced by a genuine Gaelic speaker will sound more like Mercede than Macey, and 'Mighleigh' iwll cause confusion when the L gets mistaken for a T and people think it is a contrived pseudo-Gaelic spelling of 'mighty'.

i like the name horse raddish

• John P

They must both be Irish names. The poor lass will find that she has to spell out her name (whichever you choose) every time she has to give her name at school, at university, when she changes job, when she joins a club, etc, etc. I do hope you have a really good reason for wanting to burden her with either of those names spelled in those ways.

Remember that a name is for life, not just because you think it is cute.

I think if you have to explain how to pronounce them it's not worth it, poor kid will get fed up with people asking about their name.

Or maybe Trolleigh.

If you have to explain pronunciation, perhaps you should look for another name  or maybe the correct spelling. 

• Lita

Neither. They both look misspelt and overly trendy to the point of trying too hard to me.

Oh!!!! Please spell the name(s) correctly. !!!!

nah.....................

• Jose

Regardless of the spelling, IMO, both names are low-class, lady-of-the-evening types.