What does it mean my city keeps getting tiny earthquake?

In San Francisco

Best Answer

Probably an omen that Zuul will return and turn you all into frogs.

• RP
    1 week ago

It means there is earth movement, but most of it is minor and helps relieve pressure on the faults, fissures, etc.

I wouldn't be suprised.

San Francisco is a place where earthquakes happen in my opinion, so I am not suprised.

The San Andreas fault moves at a constant rate. This builds up stresses, and geologists say we should have a big earthquake, the size of 1906, somewhere along the fault every 70 years or so. In SF we call this 'The Big One'. The 1989 quake didn't count because it was on another fault. The next Big One is about 30 years late! So any time you feel a little jiggle, that could be it!

Hope it's nothing like 1906

• DEBS

It means the tectonic plates slipped again. Nothing more and nothing less. There are theories that means it's relieving tension and other theories saying it's building up for a big one. They are just theories at this point.

PS: 4.7 is a small to medium EQ; not a tiny one. Tiny ones happen daily and nobody even realizes it.

• Kieth

You should go see Palm Springs, there is an area in the desert where the earth is constantly moving. The powdered granite is pushed up into columns.

It means look out, it may be a warning, or it may be just a small adjustment. San Francisco is on a fault line, so these things happen.

God is trying to break California away from the United States because it’s full of abominations like gays and minorities.