why General Custer was sacrificed?

in the middle of nowhere surrounded by hundreds of indians

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Custer deserved this fate, only Americans glorify this war criminal!

• 1 month ago

I don't believe God rewards those who go into battle seeking glory for themselves. General Custer was known as a killer of Indians and this is not a good title to be known as a killer of mankind.

• Fred
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

General Custer in a personal effort of glory:

#1. Pushed his men to exhaustion before battle.

#2. Disregarded his scouts warning of enemy population numbers.

#3. Failed following orders to wait for reinforcements.

#4. Abandoned the phycological advantage of transporting Gattlling guns. Or a small cannon that Natives feared even more!

#5. Divided his forces in an attack against a larger force.

#6. Personally Engineered himself into the position of becoming the Largest Jackass in U.S. Military History! … and died by his effort!

There exist theory that he was seeking political Presidential nomination and wanted a large victory in time to telegraph it East to gain a nomination. I believe such an effort is more simply explained by the base 'Jackass' factor!

• 1 month ago

So were the rest of his men, and all but one horse.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He wasn't. It was his plan, he was in charge, he gave the orders.

• 1 month ago

Custer has a fool who got himself and his men in a mess

• 1 month ago

Never Sacrificed he went looking for the indians when he was told to waite for reinforcements

I believe his name should be General Custer Patton both stupid and got their men killed for nothing

Go the Indians

• gerald
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

General Custer was a decorated war hero "the USA civil war", He under estimated his opponent that is endemic in USA military from lack of thousands of years history and tradition, 1812 it got kicked out of Canada for invading it or trying too, it lost in Mexico Korea Vietnam Afghanistan and interfered and left many countries in devastation , General Custer thought he had his opponents measure and sacrificed his American soldiers at his whim like the British at Balaclava against the Russians that is war and the stupidity the Victors the Sioux did not write history you did by the gun and still try to

• gerald
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

that sort of comment I will accept thank you

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why was General Custer sacrificed in the middle of nowhere surrounded by hundreds of indians?

Fixed it for you.

• 1 month ago

custer got what was coming to him, he simply was out manoeuvred on the day by the Natives Americans

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.