Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 4 weeks ago

Why do they say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"?

Really, just one apple?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

really? i usually go by a personal favorite phrase, "69 keeps the mimes and lines away"

• 4 weeks ago

If you eat an apple a day, you're also supposed to not brush your teeth so that you have to go to the dentist so often that you dont have time to go to the doctor's, at least thats how i interpretted it

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That saying has been around for 100 years

• 4 weeks ago

because if you eat enough of them you will fart alot and the doctor will want to stay as far away from you as they can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I tried it for a week. Didn't work.

It just so happens that my doctor is my wife, so...

• 4 weeks ago

Well, of course it's a silly saying, but it has a grain of truth in it. Apples contain a decent amount of fiber, and recent studies show that organic apples have a pretty good amount of probiotic bacteria (the good kind for your digestion) in them. So they're definitely better to eat than a Big Mac or a cupcake.

• 4 weeks ago

Because a apple is healthy to keep the docotr away

• Brian
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

A variant of the proverb, "Eat an apple on going to bed, and you’ll keep the doctor from earning his bread" was recorded as a Pembrokeshire saying in 1866. The current phrasing, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away", began usage at the end of the 19th century. However, a 2015 study showed there is absolutely no evidence to that.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

An apple contains antioxidants that can prevent a lot of serious illnesses

• 4 weeks ago

Everytime you visit your doctor, steal an apple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.