Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

How do I deal with dumb classmates?

On a U.S. history test, a question asked "why did the U.S. use atomic bombs on Japan?" There are 24 people in my class. 18 of them chose "to scare Hitler into surrendering." 18 out of 24 people picked this, so I'm sure they weren't joking. I mean, seriously?? Eleventh-graders, who are seventeen year olds. Wow.

• JetDoc

Another fine example of the total failure of the Liberal Socialist education system in America these days.

• J1 month agoReport

How is this the education system's fault? My teacher told them before the test, that the war in Europe ended before the war in the Pacific did. If Hitler died before the atomic bombs were dropped, common sense would tell you the bombs weren't used to scare Hitler. He's already dead!

Seems reasonable to me that would happen - I don't really see today's kids, other than scholars, studying WW2 in any depth.

I sympathise, but it’s not really your job to deal with them, it’s the teachers. You’ll just have to grin and bear it.

• J1 month agoReport

Yeah, but it sucks when my teacher says the class average for a test. It's always a 68% or 70%. Meanwhile, I always make 94+ on my test. And I signed up for AP (advanced) U.S. History, but they didn't put me in that class. So I'm in the regular class with these classmates.

• PAMELA

Yes, hitler was already dead by the time the bomb was dropped on japan.

And what was your answer darling?

• j153e

It probably did scare Mr. Hitler, who had passed away ~ 4 months earlier. Just not fact-based, those 18. They did learn the main ideas that: atomic bomb scary; Hitler behavior bad.

Instead of asking us, you can educate your classmates. Bold of you to assume that all juniors are 17 year old.

• J1 month agoReport

by not being one of those 18.