promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it possible for me to become President of the United States without running for office?

Like, how can I become President without going through all the other stuff.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Get a President to appoint you to a Cabinet office, preferably at the top position (Sec. of State) or other positions near the top (Treasury, Defense, etc.). Then secretly work to impeach everybody who's in line to the presidency ahead of you. Then you become president.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

tell congress to **** off and walk into the white house, that usually works for me

• 7 months ago

Get selected as Secretary of State, or another Cabinet position, included in the presidential succesion line to assume the President Office if the President and all persons on top of the succesion line die or for any other reason are not available to take the President Office.

Check the TV Series "Designated Survivor" where Kiefer Sutherland charater "Thomas Kirkman" suddenly ascends from the position of U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to President of the United States after an explosion kills everyone ahead of him in the presidential line of succession.

OK, the TV series is fiction drama, but the premise of a cabinet member (and not one of the top ones like Secretary of State, or Secretary of Justice) jumping to President is valid, under the circumtances.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You could always get yourself appointed to a Cabinet position and hope all those ahead of you in the line of succession are removed, die or retire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The president has to be elected. Which part of this don't you understand?

• 7 months ago

Well, first you have to be a democrat. Then you have to get Nancy Pelosi and Atom Schiff to like you. If they like you enough, they will just change the laws in secret and make you President.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Write in Candidate. Good luck.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I'm guessing you dont start on yahoo messageboards.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Become Secretary of State. If enough people go to jail, you'll be next in line.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.