Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Delivery truck hit my car, how long is this ordeal gunna last me?

My son called me today to report that some delivery can hit my car, left a dent, and drove off. He's only 11 so I have to wait till I get home and deal with the police until I get off. I'm trying to relieve my headache about this whole thing and was wondering how long it'll take police to find out what van and company did this, and how long till I can get my car undented without using my own money?

• Police aren't going to waste their resources looking for this van.

• g

You must be kidding.

You would be quite lucky if law enforcement can ever track down the guilty motorist without a license plate number or at least a detailed description of the delivery vehicle.

You best hope you were wise enough to carry collision coverage on your vehicle so it can be quickly and properly repaired. 

Don't have collision coverage?  Ooops, you are screwed.  

• Ron

You file a claim with your insurance company. That's all it takes

Your son is (probably) the only witness. You could ask your son for the description of the delivery truck(?).

We don't know how much of your car is impacted.