Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 1 month ago

How can i make my mom stop telling people i have autism?

I'm 12 about to be 13 next month and i have a mild type of autism, but my mom tells people i have autism and it annoys the heck out of me, i don't want people knowing i have autism! i want to be treated like I'm normal! How can i get her to stop?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Tell her if she keeps saying inappropriate things, then she might have autism, too.

• 4 weeks ago

Tell your mom what you have told us in your question.

Bottom line: you want to be treated like a normal person. You don't want the stigma that can be attached to the label 'autistic'.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can try talking to her about it. Or talk to your doctor, teacher or school counselor about it. Together you can ask her to stop.

As an adult I no longer tell my mom anything about my health or finances and she just can help herself from telling other family members.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You need to tell her that you aren't comfortable with her doing that - you could also write/type it if you're not comfortable saying it to her face

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is such a shame that she is doing this. Could you get another trusted adult to tell her that it is offensive and hurtful to you, ANY ONE... Your mom's relatives, your dad's relatives, a Neighbor, Your mom's friends, Your school counselor or even the police.

• 1 month ago

She really shouldn't be doing that. Is there another adult that you trust- a relative, or a teacher at school? Talk to that person and see if they can suggest to your mother that it's harmful to you for people to be told.

• 1 month ago

Tell her how you feel. Most likely, she is just trying to protect/help you.

• 1 month ago

you probably can't. is it easier for you to write a letter? if so write a letter telling her how you feel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.