Can I take someone else’s prescription pills?

Okay, so my mom is telling me to take these  pills which aren’t prescribed for me. The pills are my cousin. My cousin’s mom told me to take them cause it happened to her son too so he took those pills prescribed to him. I’m not exactly sure that I have the same medical condition as him. I’m telling my mom it’s dangerous to take someone elses’ pill if you don’t have the same condition (even though I’m not sure). 

It’s illegal and your cousins mom can actually get in trouble.

Don’t take them.

Your mother is an idiot. I feel so sorry for you. You do not take other people's prescriptions. Prescriptions are assigned by a doctor. Don't be an idiot. Don't take prescriptions not for you.

• Stacie Smith

I don’t think his mom is the one telling him. It’s his cousins mom.

• Retief

Your mom is a moron. See a doctor and find out what condition you have and what medications you require.

• Stacie Smith

I don’t think it’s his mom telling him. It’s the cousins mom telling him to take them.

• Zirp

Not without consulting a doctor or pharmacist. The pills could have nasty effects if combined with what else you have in your system.

• TedEx

Taking someone else's medication can have some awful side effects, including death

You absolutely positively do not take medicine that is not prescribed for you unless it's a survival situation in the wilderness and you absolutely have to take an antibiotic to save your life.

you should add your age , weight , medical history , present condition , when did it start , and what pills mom is pushing for us to guess at a diagnosis .

No you should not take them.