Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 1 month ago

Why is it legal for homeschooling books to teach false things like creationism, climate change denial, etc?

I got homeschooling books for my son and these books are saying those things and also the the separation of church and state is fake. It's all completely biased and inaccurate with a right-wing/christian agenda. How can this be legal as education? Can I just teach my child anything I want? That 2+2=6, that the earth is flat? This is crazy.

• Stoo
    Best Answer

Shouldn't be legal but is because idiocy reigns. I'm just happy to ignore those who think they're educated with a fake diploma or degree, which is what a lot of homeschooling is.

At least in the US, it's all protected free speech under the First Amendment.

Well, I believe in God and that He made the Earth in six, 24-hour days, not millions of years. I don't believe in a flat Earth though- it's round.

spell stupid,,wrong,, california education = correct,,

you boys are joined at the hip to failure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlY9C7YWzI

Youtube thumbnail

&t=132s

• zipper

They call it religious beliefs. To them the earth is flat as far as they can see it.  In some states yes that is the case. you can. Is it right no! But welcome to the real world.

Homeschooling is more regulated in some states than others. It is, in my opinion, child abuse. There's a great deal to be learned at school that has little to do with academics- how to negotiate, compromise and persuade, for example. Except in cases where a child is physically unable to attend school, or has been the victim of serious bullying, parents should not be homeschooling.

• Laurie

Education of children is the responsibility of parents, including choosing decent books.

Yes, some parents do teach their children nonsense.

If you choose to use poor books, that’s on you.

• Ann

If you don't want your child to study the home school curriculum, then send hinm to public school and quit whining.

probably cause thats what they teach in school

nobody says you have to use those books, a responsible homeschooling parent would have checked out the books ahead of time

the homeschooling industry was bought out by scientologists, at the same time they bought out all the suicide hotlines too. for real if you call them telling them youre about to hang yourself they tell you to go find the nearest church of scientology