How to convince someone out of a face tattoo?

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years, we've been through a lot together and helped each other out of our darkest times. 

However lately he's been talking about getting a face tattoo. To be clear we both have tattoos, I have one and he's starting a new sleeve soon. I really really don't want him to get a face tattoo, I hate how they look, I think they're ridiculous. But he is very persistent on getting one. 

Because of his mental health he is on disability for life, he doesn't need to worry about a job not hiring him because of it, and he's very close with his artist that all of his tattoos are and will be free. 

I really don't have a better reason to give him other than I think that face tattoos look stupid and ridiculous and have constantly told him I don't want to date someone with face tattoos. He's agreed to put it off and work on his sleeve but I feel like I'm just delaying the inevitable. After everything we've been through, would it be stupid to end our relationship over something like this? 

i don't care if he has tattoos, I have one and won't say I wont get more in the future, I just wish there was some way to convince him to not tattoo his face at the very least

I propose that he gets a temporary tattoo, and after that go to a busy street and observe the people who look at him.

• Joe

Sorry, Mr. Tyson, it's too late.

Only person you can control is yourself

just wear it on your face

• LM440

A tattoo regardless of its body location does not change a person or indicate any wrong doings. If an adult wants a face tattoo, I don't see a need to change their mind. I do see a limited number of people with face tattoos and don't find anything offensive about it.

I just wanted a chance to provide another view of this situation.

Tell him he's going to look like a gang banger.

Otherwise ask yourself if you'd break up with him over it.

My girlfriend would still love me no matter how I looked or if I decided to get littered with ink. Vice versa.

6 things to keep in mind before getting a tattoo

Black, symbolic, colored or to remember important moments. Tattoos can be a stylish personal brand, a piece of art on your body.However, there are several points to consider when making one.BBC Mundo explains them to you.

READ MORE:

No it's not stupid. Everyone has their deal breakers in a relationship, and this is yours.

nothing you can do about it, you cant stop him from getting one

lol get a new bf. cuz 1) he wont be able to support yo asss unless he's a reapper

2) he'll cheat on you anyway if he's a rapper