Anonymous

What is your monthly income?

Weird question, I know. It's just my family want me to go to College but I am too lazy to study for 5+ years just to get a piece of paper saying that I can do something. Many people who attend University end up earning the same amount of money I would earn even if I was working without going to College.

Did you go to College? What is your monthly income?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

10k per month is my monthly salary

• 1 month ago

Right now I am an unemployee.

• 1 month ago

I did awful in school and really regret it. That being said, I am now on uncapped commission with the opperunuty to make anything from 2k + 4k month and I'm 20. Not alot for some but I've come far considering I disregarded school.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It’s not just about income. Education allows a person to make better decisions, to be a better citizen, raise better children, take better care of themselves, and to better understand how they and their job will impact the world around them.

Many people with an education deliberately choose a lower-paying career because they understand that considerations other than money are more important.

That being said, if you can do all these things without a college education, go for it. Just be aware that many of the people against whom you will be competing DO have an education.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I didn't go to college but I ended up making more than some college graduates.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i went to college for a while and didnt finish which is why my income isnt as high as others

• Speed
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nobody's individual income makes a relevant comparison. The incomes of lots and lots of people is statistically relevant.

So look at statistics of large numbers of people:

Bachelor’s degree

Age 22 $37,486 average annual income

Age 64 $67,735

Lifetime: $2,877,839

Associate’s degree

Age 20 $27,333

Age 64 $49,621

Lifetime: $2,079,143

High school diploma

Age 18 $22,481

Age 64 $44,079

Lifetime: $1,755,186

Source: Census Bureau and Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Survey, March Supplement

The high school graduate worked more years than the college graduate yet earned a million dollars less in their working lifetime.

Not convinced? Median Usual Weekly Earnings--pay before all deductions, taxes, withholding, etc., without added pay for overtime or bonuses--shows a direct correlation to how much education the wage-earner has. It applies across the board, unrelated to whether the job has any relation to what the worker studied.

Those with less than a high school degree averaged $453 a week. Remember, this is the gross pay, before anything comes out.

Those who are high school graduates with no college earned $618 a week.

Those who earned a bachelor’s degree in college earned $1,115 every week.

Those who held an advanced degree (master’s, doctorate) earned $1,287 per week.

• GA41
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

50,000 per month - Hunter Biden

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No. North of 70k annually, gross.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I did not attend college as I also felt it unnecessary. I make a comfortable 5600 monthly and my wife makes just under 4400 per month. Funnily enough, she studied for 4 years in college.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.