Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Why do people serve liquor at weddings or at parties? Can't people have fun without getting buzzed or drunk? Serious Question.?

• Huh?

A moderate amount of alcohol relaxes people's inhibitions and makes it easier for them to enjoy themselves. Unfortunately some people don't know their limits and can't avoid getting hammered.

WHY do people serve ...... ? its the definition of "CULTURE "

the arts and manifestations of human intellectual ACHIEVEMENTS regarded collectively ...

. the oldest record and evidence of BREWERIES is

in the Middle east is dated to 13,000 years old

Humans have been BUZZED for centuries

Ancient Egyptians had FEAST of DRUNKENNESS

to "Get in touch with the gods "

a clue to origin of gods and the term "SPIRITS"

I don't get drunk or buzzed Ever* I CAN n DO ..ENJOY/having FUN without the help of alcohol*...but..to each n their own* ALOT of ppl in the world seriously ENJOY getting wasted no matter what the occasion*...it's sad actually, but again, to each n their own*........some ppl have had weddings with NO Alcohol at all* I've never been to one myself) but perhaps their families just do NOT drink , perhaps religion reasons...perhaps they're recovering alcoholics...perhaps someone in their family was killed by a drunk driver, or by drinking themselves to death..so having NO ALCOHOL would make sense. but bottom line..to each n their own i guess :)

I suspect it has something to do with mothers in law.

Because alcohol is a social lubricant. Humans (and many other mammals) have found ways to anesthetize themselves throughout history.

Many people enjoy drinking alcohol as it helps them relax. And yes, some people find it difficult to have fun without getting buzzed or drunk when surrounded by people. Please keep in mind (and this gets easier as you mature) that every person is different. Our brains don't all work the same. Some people simply aren't happy in normal situation. Some people don't really like being around people. Alcohol "helps" some people in these situations.

Of course, you are free not to consume alcohol and you are not required to. You are free to judge people how you want, but do you really want to waste your time and get mad about people doing what they want.

Its suppossed to be casual or social drinking but people abuse it. Im glad when I went to those parties I just worked for a catering company. 

• oikoσ

Only children get buzzed or drunk every time they consume alcohol. Some of those "children" are middle-aged.

Because it's a luxury event and booze is a luxury item. You can have a weeding without cake, music and dancing too but wheres the fun in that?

I think it's so the bride can sleep with someone else on the wedding day and blame the vodka.

To get people loose and fun for the afterparty.