Katie asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 4 weeks ago

I'm currently doing a primary research essay on deforestation. If a few people could take a survey I have created it would be a lot of help!?

7. Trees are important to the water cycle. They absorb rain fall and produce water vapor that is released into the atmosphere. Trees also lessen the pollution in water, according to the North Carolina State University, by stopping polluted runoff. Do you believe the reasons for deforestation are worth this impact? Why or why not?

8. Do you believe a massive replanting effort would help to alleviate the problems deforestation causes?

9. In addition to reforestation, some other tactics are being taken to counteract or slow deforestation. Some of them include shifting the human population to a plant-based diet. This would lower the need for land to be cleared for raising livestock. Would you consider doing so, why or why not?

10. By using less stuff and choosing recycled or certified sustainable wood products, we can all be part of the movement towards zero deforestation. Educing your consumption of animal products like meat and dairy can help save forests. Would you be willing to participate in these efforts, why or why not?

11. Do you believe you are now better informed about deforestation? Should it be decreased?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Best essay writing service http://essaysshop.com

• 4 weeks ago

I wonder how many people have actually heard the term "reforestation."  This term means that growth is exceeding loss.

ArticleTitle: The Planet Now Has More Trees Than It Did 35 Years Ago

Excerpts:

Despite ongoing deforestation, fires, drought-induced die-offs, and insect outbreaks, the world's tree cover actually increased by 2.24 million square kilometers—an area the size of Texas and Alaska combined—over the past 35 years, finds a paper published in the journal Nature.

The authors note these numbers "contradict" data from the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization,

• Horse4 weeks agoReport

Source:  https://psmag.com/environment/the-planet-now-has-more-trees-than-it-did-35-years-ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.