DC comic book suggestions?

I love the DC shows and know a bit of context from what I've read in the past but I am always open to suggestions.

ah I forgot to add questions, What good comics would be a good start?

That would depend on which DC characters you are most interested in.

The nice thing about the industry these days i9s that a lot of classic and excellent stories are collected in graphic novels and available long after the original comic books containing them were published.

Batman: Hush and Batman Year One are among the best Batman stories. Superman, Red Son, and All Star Superman are excellent stories, and ditto for Justice League: New Frontier.

I'd suggest browsing in the graphic novel section at a Barnes & Noble.

Batman: A Death in the Family

Batman: Under the Hood (read this after a Death in the Family)

Batman: War on Crime

Batman: Year One

Bruce Wayne: Murderer

Bruce Wayne: Fugitive

Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying

Batman Adventures: Mad Love

I used to read a lot of one-shots, back issues... you should go on eBay and see what you can find. Comic books are more expensive these days than what they used to be, when I was collecting them, and I had quite the collection. Not all of them are good, there are certain authors I like better and certain artists I like better than others. A number of authors are into the occult and the demonic.. so just be aware that their writings will be much darker.

• Zorro
      1 month agoReport

A lot of early comic book writers were comprised of ethnic Jews who were into the occult. They were highly influenced by the pulp magazines, and many of their characters "borrowed from" or were "inspired by" those characters.

Which characters are your favorite? For Batman I’d suggest starting with Batman Year One then Long Halloween, and for Flash I’d recommend reading stories by Mark Waid or Geoff Johns.

• Jay

This site is for asking questions