I accidentally drank some bath water with epsom salt that clearly states “do not consume” in it. Will I be fine?

• Byrd

Trolling trolling

• Mark

If you drank a lot, you will have diarrhea. (Epsom salts are laxative in effect.) By the way, how does someone "accidentally" drink bathwater? I've heard of people at a table accidentally drinking out of someone else's glass, but BATHWATER? That's like one of those stories from the ER like "I accidentally fell on this cucumber and now it's stuck inside me."

Well wait a few minutes and we'll see. Epsom salts are laxatives; so you might start having diarrhea soon. Won't kill you but it will be inconvenient.

If you drank a significant quantity then you’ll get the shíts as Epsom Salts are traditionally taken as a laxative for people who are constipated.

The “do not consume” warning is a legal way for the bath salts manufacturer to not have to put their product through the hugely expensive and time-consuming process of getting licensed as a medicinal product.